NM stops and doesn't connect

> ----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dan Williams" <dcbw redhat com>
> To: "Cliff McDiarmid" <cliffhanger gardener com>
> Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
> Subject: Re: NM stops and doesn't connect
> Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:21:16 -0400

I'm sending this message to the mailing site this time, I don't know whether anyone can help me further.

> Are you using the supplicant manually?  With NM, there's no need to have
> a supplicant config file even, since NM will send config information to
> the supplicant on its own, based on the connections you've defined
> either in your distro config files or in GConf.

Yes Dan, its the only way I can get it loaded, dbus is supposed to
activate it but won't, I've tried everything I know, which is not
much because I'm not a programmer.

I should make it clear that I'm trying to connect via the command
prompt as a user, although I get the same result as root.  I assume this
is possible or should I be in a desktop manager with the applet etc?

> NetworkManager is trying to start the system settings service with D-Bus
> service activation, which is normal.  Do you have
> the
> /usr/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings.service file, and if so, what does it
> contain?

[D-BUS Service]
Name=org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings
Exec=/usr/sbin/nm-system-settings --config
/etc/NetworkManager/nm-system-settings.conf
User=root

> When nm-system-settings is started, what's the output of the following
> command?
>
> dbus-send --system --print-reply
> --dest=org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSystemSettings
> /org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManagerSettings.ListConnections

method return sender=:1.2 -> dest=:1.4 reply_serial=2
    object path "/fi/epitest/hostap/WPASupplicant/Interfaces/0"

MAC

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses