Re: Sierra Modem Problem

On Tue, 2009-03-10 at 19:54 -0700, Josefa Molina wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am having this problem and would like to know what exact text change
> is needed so that I can add it to the file. Also, I've seen this fix
> list the location of the file in "etc/hal/fdi/information/modems.fdi"
> vs "/usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop/". Which is correct?

Only /usr/share/hal/fdi/information/10freedesktop is the "official"
location provided by the upstream hal-info project.  Not sure what is
creating the other location.

In the file you'll see a section for Sierra devices.  Look for the
section starting with "<!-- Sierra Wireless -->".  In that section,
you'll see one block for GSM devices, and one block for CDMA devices.
Add your modem's "product ID" to the end of the list in the right
section for your modem.  The "product ID" can be found as the
hexadecimal number after the colon in the output of 'lsusb' for your
modem:

                            ^^^^ product ID

Dan