Re: Fwd: starting up with network manager
- From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
- To: harshath jr cse06 itbhu ac in
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Fwd: starting up with network manager
- Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:13:51 -0500
On Wed, 2009-03-04 at 01:47 +0530, Harshath JR wrote:
> newbie question: what's DBus? what's hal? what do they do?
D-Bus is the communications mechanism between NetworkManager, HAL,
nm-applet, and many other programs running on a modern Linux desktop.
it's simply an easy, structured way for two programs to talk to each
HAL presents a unified view of the hardware available on a machine.
NetworkManager uses HAL to determine what network devices are present,
and when they appear/disappear.
> NetworkManager-list mailing list
> NetworkManager-list gnome org
] [Thread Prev