Re: NM netbook

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 12:33:52PM +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> >> I'm just playing with NM netbook. A couple of small things. Firstly
> >> the COPYING and INSTALL files are sym links to the same files in
> >> /usr/share/automake-1.10/.
> >>
> >> Also what's the chance of getting proper tarball releases?
> >
> > Which source/git tree are you working on? Is this about
> > network-manager-netbook project?
>
> The one from the gnome git here
> http://git.gnome.org/cgit/network-manager-netbook/

OK. http://git.gnome.org/cgit/network-manager-netbook/tree/autogen.sh#n17
explicitly creates symlinks. Not sure why. I would consider that a
bug, but tambeti would know more details.

> It mentions there's been a 1.0 and a 1.1 version tagged but I don't
> see the associated release at ftp.gnome.org or even available through
> the git web interface.

OK I see. I guess the reason is that nm-netbook is a relatively new
project and that making release tarballs means additional
work.

(That said, personally I don't need "normal" tarballs as packages
usually need to be able to build directly from git anyway).

 - Alexander