Re: Error: package requirements (gudev-1.0) were not met

On Mon, 2009-06-22 at 03:30 +0400, Alex Williams wrote:
> Hello!
> I really want to improve network manager... I have real reasons to do that.
> Now I've got latest sources from this git repo:
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers
> When I trying to configure NetworkManager sources, I;m getting this error:
>
> checking for DBUS... yes
> checking for GLIB... yes
> checking for GMODULE... yes
> checking for GUDEV... configure: error: Package requirements
> (gudev-1.0) were not met:
> No package 'gudev-1.0' found
> Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix.
> Alternatively, you may set the environment variables GUDEV_CFLAGS
> and GUDEV_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.
> See the pkg-config man page for more details.
>
> The problem is... I can't find any information about "gudev" and what
> is it and where to get this?
> My OS - Ubuntu 9.04 AMD64. No such package in repos.

gudev is part of the udev-143 and later, and previously was included in
udev-extras.  It's a new library, and we're using it to move away from
HAL and onto plain udev device detection, which is *almost* complete now
in the master branch of NM, and the 'udev' branch of ModemManager.