Re: idea: WWAN enable/disable

Hi Bastien,

> > > There's already killswitch support in NetworkManager, just make sure
> > > that the method for accessing those is supported in HAL.
> > >
> > > Not sure how that's going to be handled in the post-HAL world, Dan?
> >
> > starting with 2.6.31 we do have a proper /dev/rfkill interface that can
> > do all this properly without having to involve HAL, udev or similar.
>
> Goodie, will have to move gnome-bluetooth to using that scheme.
>
> Do you have any references to the API/ioctls for it?

it is pretty simple actually. Check include/linux/rfkill.h and it is
just poll, read and write. Only one ioctl for rfkill-input replacement
in the future, but that is unimportant and will go away. That is it.

http://git.sipsolutions.net/gitweb.cgi?p=rfkill.git;a=summary

This contains a really simple rfkill userspace tool.

Regards

Marcel