Re: idea: WWAN enable/disable
- From: Marcel Holtmann <marcel holtmann org>
- To: Bastien Nocera <hadess hadess net>
- Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: idea: WWAN enable/disable
- Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 20:28:13 +0200
> > hows about adding a option to enable/disable WWAN, same like the feature
> > to en/disable wireless (gnomeapplet: right-click > checkbox)
> > on my lenovo-notebook it is quite simple to do it
> > to enable: echo enable > /proc/acpi/ibm/wan
> > to disable: echo disable > /proc/acpi/ibm/wan
> > to get status: cat /proc/acpi/ibm/wan
> There's already killswitch support in NetworkManager, just make sure
> that the method for accessing those is supported in HAL.
> Not sure how that's going to be handled in the post-HAL world, Dan?
starting with 2.6.31 we do have a proper /dev/rfkill interface that can
do all this properly without having to involve HAL, udev or similar.
] [Thread Prev