NM failure when upgrading to Fedora-11

Upgrading to F11 on my Thinkpad T23 failed after
"Waiting for NetworkManager to configure eth0"
returned the error message
"There was an error configuring your network interface".

I see there were many complaints of the same failure
on upgrading to F10.
It seems a pity that this problem does not seem to have been solved.

What to me seems slightly bizarre is that the upgrade
has already found and used this interface.
Surely NM should be able to remember what it did
a few seconds earlier?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net