Roaming network selection with MB

I ran into a problem recently trying to use my mobile broadband modem in France, roaming from the UK.

I discovered that my carrier only has roaming agreements with 2 of the 3 French networks, but this doesn't stop the modem locking onto the wireless signal of the unsupported one (it's not barred in the SIM). This requires manual selection of the network before attempting to make a connection. Their Windows connection gadget supports this - is this a feature that will be available in Modem Manager?

Rick Jones