reviving OLPC & NetworkManager-0.7 work

Hi,

I'm working to get the OLPC mesh interface working with new
NetworkManager releases and to get suitable code upstream. I would also
like to get this backported into Fedora 11 for OLPC's XO-1.5 software
build.

What is the suggested approach I should take here?

Should I work with git master and then backport to 0.7 after? (how
usable is that? how much trouble can I expect trying to get it
operational on F11 for development purposes?)

I'm aware of Sjoerd Simon's previous work, and have looked over the
discussion that resulted on the last set of submitted patches.

So far I have taken his work, and reworked the patches based on the
earlier feedback and recent NM changes, against 0.7 HEAD:
git://dev.laptop.org/users/dsd/NetworkManager branch "olpc"
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/dsd/NetworkManager/log/?h=olpc

I've also done some basic tests on an XO, it is working.

Dan, I'd also appreciate it if you could take a very quick look at the
style of the OLPC mesh device implementation:
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/dsd/NetworkManager/commit/?h=olpc&id=4b5095bdb843667eba215d15232cdfd5c27f53be
There are rough edges and FIXMEs to be handled, but it would be nice to
know whether we are on the right lines for an upstream-acceptable
implementation or not.

Thanks,
Daniel