Re: Saving a nondefault configuration?

On Fri, 2009-07-24 at 10:15 +0900, Jacobs Shannon wrote:
> Basically I'm hoping someone can point me at the correct information
> for this, though I couldn't find it when I was searching for it a
> while ago. More recently, I was again poking around inside of the
> program, and I still couldn't figure it out. Or maybe it just isn't
> possible?
>
> When I boot, the wireless connection via the USB device does work
> correctly, and that connection is properly established. (It usually
> fails to reestablish when needed later on, but that's a minor
> problem that I'm just living with.) However, after the connection

That reconnection thing is usually a driver bug, but NM could also try
harder, because often it will actually reconnect after about 30 seconds
or a minute.  Repeated failures indicate kernel driver problems.

> has been established, I always have to tweak the settings, and I'd
> prefer to just save them permanently. First have to disable the WiFi
> connection, and then I have to activate the shared connection on the

So you do not want the wifi to automatically start up?  If so, you can
turn off the 'autoconnect' on the wifi connection and only connect that
manually.

Dan