Re: vpn pptp reconnect feature

--On Thursday, July 23, 2009 15:04:13 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
¦
¦ Yeah, reconnect of a failed connection (as opposed to a
¦ user-disconnected one) is definitely on the list.  I was planning on
¦ doing some of the work for that in the 'inhibit' branch in git, so you
¦ can track that there.  It won't be VPN-specific at first, but the
¦ changes there will help out the VPN stuff too.

A useful feature for VPN config which is kinda related, would be the ability to define a preferred real connection to carry the VPN. Then you would be able to just request VPN connection in NM and it would first establish the underlying connection.

Windows has a feature like this in the form of "dial this connection first" in the VPN setup dialog.

I'm just thinking that having such a mechanism might also help with managing the VPN auto-reconnect case.

Just a thought...