new feature

Hello all,
I've noticed that there doesn't seem to be any sort of graphical network activity log in network manager. How hard would it be to implement something of this sort (I'm thinking of it as an analogue to the feature in ubuntu's system monitor dialogue box, which allows one to display a history of network activity, cpu use, etc. This feature would be useful and attractive if it were added to network manager, in my opinion. It could allow one to keep track of signal strength in dB and otherwise, as well as connection speed, messages dropped, etc. What is everyone's opinion?