Re: Patch for bugs when building

On Wed, 2009-07-08 at 22:37 -0700, Avi Levy wrote:
> I am currently running karmic. When I git cloned and tried to build
> network-manager-applet (after successfully git cloning and building
> NetworkManager and ModemManager, as per
> http://projects.gnome.org/NetworkManager/developers/ ), the command
> 'make' hung in three locations.
> involved updating a deprecated method. In file
> 'polkit-gnome-action.c', I fixed the function call upon which make was
> hanging, which was again an issue of updating a deprecated method.
> The patch files are attached.

Thanks for the patch!

A few notes however...  We'll need to protect the switch to
gtk_cell_layout_get_cells() with GTK_CHECK_VERSION, because the applet
is expected to build on GTK+ 2.10 and later, and
gtk_cell_layout_get_cells() only showed up in GTK+ 2.12.

Next, the policykit thing isn't actually applicable, because that code
is only meant to run for systems with PolicyKit 0.6.  PolicyKit 0.7 and
later have polkit-gnome, which is used instead.  PK 0.6 uses
polkit_context_can_caller_do_action(), and changing that would break PK
0.6.

Any chance you could respin the first two patches to conditionalize
usage of the cell renderer stuff based on GTK version?

Thanks!