Re: ZTE modem problems and workrounds

--On Thursday, July 02, 2009 10:19:24 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:

> > > Ugh.  That sucks.  That means hardcoding stuff on a per-modem basis,
> > > potentially using AT+CGMM responses instead of USB IDs, because some
> > > vendors (Huawei) use the same USB ID for vastly different devices to
> > > work around stupid Windows bugs.
> >
> > I've found some ZTE windows inf drivers that appear to confirm that
> > we'll need to hardcode ports.  Teh suck.
>
> Rick, could I ask you to run 'lsusb -vv' for me while the modem is
> plugged in *and* has been put into modem mode?

I agree, sucks big-time. And from contributions to forums I've come across there are other versions of this device with the same IDs but with the modem on a different IF number (Australian version I think) :(

Is there no way to use HAL to define either the valid or the invalid interface? With NM 0.7.0 it was necessary to add a .fdi which specified the interface, but it doesn't seem to need that any more. Or are you trying to get away from HAL?

Output from lsusb attached. It's the same regardless of whether the modem is connected or not. One thing I noticed is that the transfer type for one of the input EPs in IF3 is Interrupt - that's the only one, all the others are Bulk.

HTH

--
Cheers
Rick