Re: ZTE modem problems and workrounds

--On Wednesday, July 01, 2009 14:36:24 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
> > Functionality is definitely tied to the IF number. IF0 is effectively
> > dead (supposedly NMEA, but I don't know what it's meant to support).
> > IF1 & IF3 both behave like a modem (usually), and seem very closely
> > tied together. E.g. if you use ATE0 to turn off echo on one port, it
> > is turned off on both. Very occasionally, IF1 will not respond to AT
> > commands, but the modem still works on the correct IF3 port, and IF1
> > still spits out messages.
>
> How often does IF1 spit out messages?  What do they look like?

The messages all come out the same on both IF! & IF3, regardless of whether IF1 decides to accept commands.

To start with there is always +ZUSIMR:2 every 2 secs., this can be stopped by giving any version of AT+CPMS on either port (stops the messages on both ports). The only other UMs I see are +ZDONR and +ZPASR.

HTH
Rick