PPPoE fails after hibernate

Hiho!

After a suspend to disk, NetworkManager fails to connect to my PPPoE DSL line. I use exactly the same username & password as in my plain standard init-script, however the init-script connects fine. All I can see from pppd right now is "LCP terminated by peer". Now how do I tell NetworkManager to pass the "debug" option to pppd, so I can see what's going on?
NetworkManager itself does debug:
Jul 1 15:10:52 wald NetworkManager: <debug> [1246453852.053712] nm_ppp_manager_start(): Command line: /usr/sbin/pppd nodetach lock nodefaultroute user *** plugin rp-pppoe.so nic-eth0 noauth nodeflate usepeerdns mru 1492 mtu 1492 lcp-echo-failure 5 lcp-echo-interval 30 ipparam /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/PPP/7 plugin /usr/lib64/pppd/2.4.4/nm-pppd-plugin.so

Btw: Wouldn't it be logical to also pass the "debug" option to pppd if nm itself debugs, too? I'd also very much appreciate a text field in the configuration dialog for entering arbitrary options to pppd. If this needs to be protected from the "average user", one could add something like a binary "expert mode" switch. I think implementing a "normal mode"/"expert mode" model could greatly improve nm's flexibility without compromising its usability and robustness.

thanks...