Re: ZTE modem problems and workrounds

--On Wednesday, July 01, 2009 10:24:00 +0100 Rick Jones <rick activeservice co uk> wrote:

> I'm also trying to get more details of the problem with the state 7->8 transition with ppp. I'll send some log output later in a separate message.

I've attached two extracts of syslog showing NM & pppd activity for both a failed and successful connection. These were ony 90 secs apart, with no interruption in wireless connection itself. I got a successful connection, then disconnected, they tried to re-connect.

You can see that the ppp exchange fails, but I'm not sure who's fault this is, or exactly what's going on. This only seems to happen when the modem is using a 2G signal, either through manual selection or when it can't find 3G. I can't get a log of the 3G condition right now as the signal seems to have completely disappeared!

Rick