setting network hostname for Auto eth0

Hi:

I'm having a minor problem getting network manager (0.7.0 under Fedora
10) to set my network hostname when it automatically connects to a
network.

Using system-config-network, I can set
	DHCP Settings:
	Hostname (optional): x.y.z
for eth0 and then when I connect to System eth0 my network hostname is
correctly set.

However, I don't see anything analogous for Auto eth0 (except, maybe,
DHCP client ID) but this doesn't seem to do the trick).

Anyway, I wouldn't bother with all this if I could automatically connect
to System eth0, but it doesn't seem possible to change this setting for
System eth0 (as I can't change anything for System eth0).

Any hints on how this can be done?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider