name clashes between gnome-icon-theme and nm-applet

Hi,

while investigating, why nm-connection-editor shows the wrong icon on
the wireless tab (it looks like the wired one) I found the following:

We install the icons for nm-applet under
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/22x22/apps/nm-*png

nm-device-wireless.png is installed as
/usr/share/icons/hicolor/48x48/apps/nm-device-wireless.png

Most likely because it is used in
/etc/xdg/autostart/nm-applet.desktop

Unfortunately gnome-icon-theme also installs icons with the nm- prefix,
namely:
nm-device-wireless.png
nm-no-connection.png
nm-adhoc.png
nm-device-wired.png
For all different sizes.

What now happens, that gtk falls back to the gnome-icon-theme icons for
nm-device-wireless (probably because it has the correct size), when
using nm-connection-editor (but also in gnome-session-properties)

Interestingly enough, the gnome-icon-theme nm-icon-wireless icon looks
like our nm-applet-wired icon.

So I have two questions now:
1.) Why the hell does gnome-icon-theme ship icons with the nm-* namespace
2.) How do we solve this to get correct icons in nm-connection-editor
and gnome-session-properties.

Cheers,
Michael

universe are pointed away from Earth?