Re: Mobile broadband connects to wrong USB device

Got passed that error, but am receiving some other weird problems. After rebooting and re-running NetworkManager, I add a new connection but it doesn't save it for some reason. Sometimes the whole icon disappears but NetworkManager still continues to run. No errors or warnings in the debugging output.

I guess some things are not meant to be. It would be nice if the init string was not hard coded =)

Ben wrote:
Yeah, I just saw that that was where you change the init string before. After compiling this, it got passed the error and a it tried to do a few more things which all were successful. Then it comes up with an error:

Invalid byte sequence in conversion input

Well actually after a reboot and trying again (running the /usr/local/sbin/NetworkManager which is the newly installed one) I get:

symbol lookup error: NetworkManager: undefined symbol: nm_setting_connection_get_autoconnect

So that's not good, looks like a library hasn't installed correctly or something.