Re: NetworkManager and my Palm Centro don't work

Hi Scott

Is that the USBModem program from Mobilie Stream? If so, then I've got NM working with it on my Treo 680, with provisos.

NM should recognise it as a modem without needing to do any device links. It detects the ttyACM0 device directly - or rather the connection event is forwarded via DBus. If you monitor the daemon log you should see these events. If you don't then I would suspect a DBus problem.

However, the modem init string in NM doesn't work correctly for USBModem. Check my recent posts here where I've suggested a change that will take account of its foibles. I've fixed it temporarily by patching the binary - if you don't want to try this I can send you my tweaked version. Without this patch it will timeout and fail to dial.

--
Cheers
Rick