Re: Why my network manager is dead

I do not believe your posting this message to the correct mailing list.  NM is user space application to configure interfaces and your issue appears to be kernel related.

Yet, if you happened to update your distro and the update had a kernel update which replaced a separately compiled driver that was not included in the updated driver, that could cause your issue.  If you are using grub it is possible your old kernel will still be a boot option.  You can either select the old kernel at boot or edit your grub's menu.lst file to use the old kernel as the default.  That should cause the computer to use the old driver again.

--
John