Re: Where and how to install D02HW in ConnectionManager?

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 15:18 +0900, Jacobs Shannon wrote:
> More time to experiment with this again, and still feel like I'm
> overlooking something extremely obvious... Fresh run at the bar
> time. Today I started from the information on this webpage:
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/NetworkManager/Hardware/3G
>
> Completely different computer today, but still using Ubuntu 8.10. My
> new idea was to start with the configuration file from another
> country where the device is supposed to work without problems. I
> decided to use Tele2 in Sweden as my source (partly based on some
> information from yet another webpage). That part of the idea seemed
> to be easy to implement. The only things that seemed to call for
> changing were the phone number, the password, and the APN. I gave it
> a fresh name (emobile in Japan), and it seemed to be saved in the
> correct place on my menu of possible connections. However, when I
> attempt to use it, the result as reported in the daemon.log file is:

The issue could well be:

automatic_registration_response(): Automatic registration failed:
not registered and not searching.

if this is a Huawei (I think?) modem, there's a specific issue with a
quirk with these modems AT command sets.  That's  not something we can
solve until we fully integrate ModemManager in the next major version of
NetworkManager.

If it's possible for you to run with the NM_SERIAL_DEBUG option (I asked
on Jan 29th but I forget if you posted a log of it) then that's the best
bet to figure out if this is the issue you're having.