Re: vpnc plugin: order of resolv.conf entries when using Mobile Broadband vs. (W)LAN

On Thu, 2009-02-05 at 21:57 +0100, Marc Luethi wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Sorry for the delay - there was practically no time to play around with
> my laptop these days.
>
> In the meantime, I had to upgrade to network-manager packages from
> Launchpad PPA, because the Huawei E220 UMTS device didn't work with the
> normal version shipped with Ubuntu 8.10 (see first post).
>
> network-manager:       0.7-0ubuntu1~nm1~intrepid1
> network-manager-gnome: 0.7-0ubuntu1~nm1~intrepid1
> network-manager-vpnc:  0.7-0ubuntu1~nm1~intrepid1
>
> I guess these names don't mean much - they're available here:
>
> https://launchpad.net/~network-manager/+archive/ppa
>
> And if I understand correctly, are based on 0.7 final and were release
> on Dec 28 2008.
>
> Nonetheless, even with these versions of network-manager packages, I had
> the same issue with the sequence of the name-server entries
> in /etc/resolv.conf as described in the first post.

Based on your comments below, there's something going on with resolvconf
then.  I'll have to defer to Alexander Sack and Michael Biebl, since
they are the maintainers for that bit of code since their distros use
resolvconf.

It looks like NetworkManager is doing the right thing here when
resolvconf isn't being used; thus its providing the right information to
the resolvconf handling code.

asac/mbiebl?  thoughts on this problem?

Dan