GSM configuration on network manager

Hello,

First mail sent to this address. Please tell me if it is appropriate !

I am developing an application that needs network management (GSM
ethernet later wifi) on an embedded board.
I have no X server and I want to use network manager to control my connections.

I was thinking of setting specific configuration (GSM - apn ...) in a
configuration file and then controlling this connection through dbus
commands.
Is that the best way ?
My main question is where are those config files ?

Thank you for your answers.

Regards.

Maxime B.