pre-down dispatcher scripts

Hi,

I know this has popped up a few times before [1] but it really would
be useful if NetworkManager could run some scripts right before
bringing a network connection down. In particular for VPN connections
and network filesystems. Some work on this was done before but there
doesn't seem to me much interest in the feature. So this is really
just a "me too" email to register my vote. Are there any quick ways
for me to hack in a pre-down script into
nm-openvpn-service-openvpn-helper maybe?

Cheers,

Daire

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/networkmanager-list/2009-October/msg00067.html