Re: using openconnect plugin

On Wed, 2009-12-09 at 20:23 +0100, Martin wrote:
> I'm using KDE 4.3 with knetworkmanager 0.9 (Networkmanager-kde4-0.9)
>
> There was no nm-connection-editor on my system, so i installed
> Networkmanager-gnome
> after reboot, trying to start nm-connection-editor give me these
> errors:
>
> ** (nm-connection-editor:5876): WARNING **: Icon nm-device-wwan
> missing: Icon 'nm-device-wan' not present in theme

Looks like you need to:

gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor

actually; a distro should do this for you in the package but you may
need to do it once yourself.

> ** (nm-connection-editor:5876): WARNING **: Failed to initialize the
> UI, exiting...
> Maybe the gnome networkmanager didn't work with kde.
> Is there another way to edit my connections?
>
> knetworkmanager didn't show me openconnect as option to select, even
> not after reboot.

Huh; knetworkmanager may not have the right GUI bits for openconnect
yet?

> Sadly there isn't a package like Networkmanager-openconnect-kde4.
> Is there a way to start the openconnect plugin from the console?

Yeah, that's probably the issue.

> I tried this without success:
> /usr/libexec/nm-openconnect-auth-dialog -s
> org.freedesktop.NetworkManager.openconnect -n test_connection
> Error given:
> Have to supply UUID, name, and service.

Normally when you click the VPN connection to connect, the applet tells
NM to connect that VPN.  NM then tells nm-openconnect-service to
connect, and nm-openconnect-service may say "hey, I need some
passwords!".  NM then asks the applet for the passwords, and the applet
runs nm-openconnect-auth-dialog to get those passwords.  They are then
sent back to NM, which sends them back to nm-openconnect-service, and
the VPN proceeds.  So nm-openconnect-auth-dialog isnt' really something
that can be run manually...

I think in the end, there either needs to be some KDE UI for
openconnect, or you may need to use nm-applet :(

Dan