specifying shared key authentication in the secrets response

Hi,

I'm working on a bug in Sugar: you can't connect to shared key WEP
networks. http://dev.sugarlabs.org/ticket/1602

The problem is that sugar's settings service implementation offers the
connection to NM and activates it, but at this point in the settings it
sends:
	'802-11-wireless-security': {'key-mgmt': 'none'}

Then NM runs around a bit and sends a secrets request. Sugar pops up a
key-entry dialog. This is the first point in the current sugar UI design
where you can choose between open or shared key. I select shared key,
enter the key, and sugar sends the secrets response:

{'802-11-wireless-security': {'auth-alg': 'shared', 'wep-key0':
'1111122222'}}

However at this point, NM seems to ignore the 'auth-alg' selection.
Experimentation shows that if I specify the shared auth-alg in the
initial Settings announcement it works fine.

Would it be difficult to improve NM so that it could accept the auth-alg
at this later stage? Or do we need to redesign Sugar's UI to fix this,
so that Sugar knows of the user's open vs shared preference earlier on?

cheers
Daniel