Re: Patch to nm-modem-probe

On Sun, 2009-08-09 at 23:38 -0500, David Ochoa wrote:
> Hi, i'm a owner of a ZTE MF626.
>
> I'm having exactly the problems described in this tread. But, i think
> i've found a workarround (some like that)
>
> It seems that the ttyUSB1 (the first usable interfase in the modem,
> the conection with usable by nm is on ttyUSB2) is used to send and
> recive SMS messages (a service that i'dont recive from my provider),
> but i'm having good results with this modem doing this:
>
> - sending (in ttyUSB1) the comand "ATE0+CPMS?\r" proposed.
> - after that, runing gnome-phone-manager on that port. I can't know if
> this program is working, cos i can't recive SMS's. But it seems to me
> that it keeps the buffer clean and prevent hangs.

I'm not yet convinced that NM is cleaning up correctly or something like
that.  But yeah, my 627 only seems to survive one connect and then some
short time later after disconnect, the firmware dies and it drops off
the bus.

I just did some fixes largely based on Rick's prober patches.  If you
can test at all, please let me know if that makes the modem detection
more reliable for you.

Thanks,