Re: Does such list exist?

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 18:33 -0400, Wei Weng wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> Is there a list that has programs (or important parts of the system)
> that depend on NetworkManager to give you the online/offline status?

Not that I know of.  Off the top of my head though, Pidgin, Firefox, and
Evolution all ask NM for offline status.  That obviously means that if
your primary internet connection is not managed by NetworkManager (which
is the whole reason NetworkManager exists), then those programs will
think you are offline.  In that case, the primary internet connection
should be managed by NetworkManager, or NetworkManager should be turned
off.