AC860 & AC875 Sierra aircards not supported.

I wrote in error that Sierra AC860 & AC875 air cards were supported by NM & Linux. They were & now are not. Both cards continue to work well on Windiz XP thru ATT. Both fail in current distros of Linux. I know not how these cards fail using old versions of Linux that worked fine when current. Kubuntu 7.04 & 7.1 both worked with the 860 & both now fail. I have wasted several CDs & hours installing old versions of Fedora, Ubu & Kubu that used to work with these 2 cards.

Ubu & Kubu 9.04 do not install the 860 and find the 875 "not 3G capable". Capable or not, it does > 2.8 Mb/S download using XP.

Sierra Wireless wrote that I should install driver 1.72 to replace 1.32 in current kernel. That does not make sense since I have not installed a Sierra driver since kubu 7.1.

I can buy another 885U to replace lost 885U Sierra but I am not happy to see 2 year old equipment abandoned, not even usable as spares.

--
God Bless You,

Eric Lee Elliott              Read the Holy Bible,