ZTE patches in git 5.272c6a626

Dan

I've just updated NM to the latest version to come through Launchpad (git.5.272c6a626), and I see there's a patch to nm-modem-probe for the ZTE.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It simply sends AT+CPMS once and doesn't check the response. It does this before the modem has initialised properly, and so the command is ignored.

You have to keep trying until the modem returns OK to be sure it's had any effect. This takes about 8 secs. from startup, which is why my version retried this for up to 10 secs.

You also have to send "AT+CPMS?," "AT+CPMS" is not a valid command and will always return ERROR.

I appreciate you probably want to go for minimum change to avoid regressions, but I think it's important also to kill any possibility of an echo loop, either by not restoring termio, or turning off modem echo (or both). Given that the echo problem can crash the kernel, it's not a trivial issue.

HTH

--
Cheers
Rick