Re: Diskless clients and NetworkManager

2009/4/30 Marc Herbert <Marc Herbert gmail com>
David Sundqvist a écrit :

> If I set it to be managed by NM, will NM try to manage it in any way?
> Can I set it to be seen, but still unmanaged? Or maybe I could get NM
> to always output a connected status instead of a no-connection which
> triggers firefox offline mode, etc. (should the connection be lost,
> well, then NM won't be able to detect it anyway due to being frozen on
> the first page touch).

There seems to be something fundamentally wrong in this no-connection/
/offline thing. Since NM can be configured to manage _not all_
interfaces (including none at all) then why are some applications
wrongly assuming NM is always managing the entire network
configuration? This seems to be where the bug lies and should be
fixed.

Is there other buggy applications that people should be afraid of
besides firefox?

Firefox, pidgin, gajim, epiphany-browser, synapse, etc. quite a few of them