Re: periodic_update(): Roamed ...

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 03:37:20PM -0700, Howard Chu wrote:
> Howard Chu wrote:
>> This is probably more related to the ath9k driver, but I wanted to start here
>> in case anyone is familiar with it. I've been seeing this for the past couple
>> months, and I just now rebuilt NM fresh from git and it's still happening:
>
> I seem to have ruled out the driver; doing a kill -9 on NetworkManager so
> it doesn't have the opportunity to tear down the connection on exit,
> shows that the wifi connection works perfectly once NetworkManager is
> gone. No disassociation messages in dmesg, no pauses in ssh sessions,
> etc.

I would think that the driver doesn't like background scanning. This
has been reported in launchpad bug 291760 where the initial report
mentions that "he network manager roames to a "none" bssid and back,
this happens in more or less two minute" which coincidentially matches
the max scan timeout NM uses (120 seconds).

 - Alexander