Re: Disable/Ignore access point

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009, Bryan Duff wrote:

My situation is that I have a number of accessible access points for me.

I'll connect to the AP I want, but at some interval NetworkManager re-scans available AP's and picks an unencrypted AP (that I don't
want).  So I have to then, via nm-applet, reselect the AP I want to use.

This is so irritating that I currently "killall -STOP NetworkManager" after a successful connection to my AP.  Then the world is good, but
that's not a super awesome solution.  Could I disable/ignore that AP somehow?  Via nm-applet's interface or NetworkManager itself?

It's a feature I need as well, as the pay-only unencrypted AP's covering the entire downtown toronto
area are sometimes preferred by NM even when I'm at home. I'd like to blacklist ESSID's.

If the functionality is there, it is not clear. rightclick -> add to blacklist seems intuitive for me.

Paul