From: Martijn Cox
Sent: woensdag 1 april 2009 13:00
To: 'antti kaijanmaki net'
Subject: apn list, adding mcc & mnc

Hi Wellark,

I’m a developer for (amongst others), the blackberry platform. I’ve come across your project, and wish to contribute by adding the mobile country code and mobile network code to the xml file, based on the Wikipedia list @ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_Network_Code. Do you regard such an endeavor as ok?

                I would like to add them, according to the following DTD, which is based on your supplied DTD,  with additions in yellow:

<!ELEMENT serviceproviders (country*)>

<!ATTLIST serviceproviders format CDATA #REQUIRED>

<!ELEMENT country (provider* ,mcc+)>

<!ATTLIST country code CDATA #REQUIRED>

<!ELEMENT provider ( mnc+,

                     name+,

                     (gsm|cdma),

                     username?,

                     password?,

                     dns*,

                     gateway?)>

<!ELEMENT name (#PCDATA)>

<!ATTLIST name xml:lang CDATA #IMPLIED>

<!ELEMENT gsm (apn)>

<!ELEMENT apn (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT cdma EMPTY>

<!ELEMENT username (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT password (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT dns (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT gateway (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT mcc (#PCDATA)>

<!ELEMENT mnc (#PCDATA)>

Do you think that would be ok? The reason for these additions is that it’s easier to search this way when you have access to a provider id (mobile network code), and mobile country code (i.s.o. the country identifier you use, which is currently not available for me).

Regards,

Martijn Cox

Livecontacts B.V.