Re: org.freedesktop.ModemManager.Modem.Gsm.Network.NetworkMode signal

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM, Tambet Ingo <tambet gmail com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 2:46 PM, Pablo Martí <pmarti warp es> wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Tambet Ingo <tambet gmail com> wrote:
>>> No, but the argument type passed with the signal is not an integer,
>>> it's NM_MODEM_GSM_NETWORK_MODE. That is, the same type that is used
>>> for setting the network mode. And thus, that type needs all these
>>> values. There is also no need to add another type which is just like
>>> NETWORK_MODE, but doesn't include some of it's values.
>
> In which case would you need to send a "NetworkMode" changed signal
> with NO_SIGNAL argument? I must be misunderstanding something as I'd
> just not emit the signal in that case?

Option and Huawei devices emit that signal usually upon a
SetNetworkMode command. They'll temporally be in NO_SIGNAL and then
emit whatever mode they've switched to. Also that signal might be
emitted on scenarios where you specify 3GONLY and there's just 2G
coverage.

--
Pablo Martí
http://www.linkedin.com/in/pmarti || http://www.warp.es