Re: Web-based Network Login

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 11:13 -0400, Slokunshialgo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've been looking into making an addition to NetworkManager to
> automatically authenticate to networks with a web-based login process.
> For example, you go to a cafe and they have a paid hotspot, you would
> connect to the wifi, open a browser, and enter a username & password.
> The idea is to automatically do then when connecting to the network.

There's some stuff out there about this hooking into some perl framework
to log into AT&T access points, google around for dispatcher scripts for
it.  YOu should be able to key off the connection UUID and perform
additional authentication against a known address/portal using that UUID
as the key for auth information.

Dan