Re: More LCP echo problems

--On Friday, October 24, 2008 17:05:16 -0400 Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com> wrote:
¦ You should be able to simulate it by setting lcp-echo-* to 0
¦ in /etc/ppp/options, I think.  All the NM fixes are doing is overriding
¦ those options from that file explicitly.

That's the strange thing, I've set those in the options file as you describe. This was necessary to get plain PPP to work. But they don't seem to affect PPTP. There is also a file /etc/options.pptp, but even adding the lcp settings to this file doesn't help either. It's getting defaults from somewhere, but i don't know where. It may be hard-coded, but I guess so long as NM explicitly overrides on the pppd command line then it will be OK.

Rick