Hack to allow passing Vendor=nortel in network-manager-vpnc

Hello,
  I have compiled the nortel branch of vpnc and can successfully connect
to my corporate network.  Is there a way I can use the vpnc
network-manager plugin and pass the 'Vendor nortel' parameter?  I tried
manually editing the keys in gconf-editor, but that seems to crash nm.
Wondering if there is a hack I can do to make the vendor persistent
since I only connect to nortel vpn endpoints.  Does it look to any
config file for some default options or it is all controlled in gconf?

Thanks,
- Sean