Re: How do I use 2 interfaces for different applications?

How about 'sockifying' through a local/remote socks server?? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Dan Williams <dcbw redhat com>
To: defcon <defconoii gmail com>
Cc: networkmanager-list gnome org
Subject: Re: How do I use 2 interfaces for different applications?
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 14:51:20 -0400

On Fri, 2008-10-10 at 14:43 -0700, defcon wrote:
> I have a work-internal access point and a work-public access point and
> I want to be able to browse the internet on the work-internal
> accesspoint with my zd1211 wireless card and download files via
> torrent with the work-public interface.  I am able to connect to both
> at the same time but how do I use 1 interface per application or
> specify which application gets which interface.  Any documentation
> would be appreciated

This would require support from the application itself to bind to a
specific local IP address.  You can't use IP routing here because with
bittorrent, you'll be trying to contact a huge number of IP addresses in
all different subnets.  Thus, the application itself has to be smart
enough to do the required magic at a socket/TCP level I think.