Re: default route problem

On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 15:51 +0400, Vitja Makarov wrote:
> Hi, all!
>
> Home ISP often use the following network configuration scheme:
>
> - Lan IP address is assigned using DHCP
> - PPTP is used for internet connection
>
> If pptp server is in your network, that should be ok to replace
> default route with ppp one,
> but when pptp server is routed via DHCP provided default route, you
> can't simply do it,
> you have first provide manually route for pptp server, then remove default.

NM should be adding a specific route to the PPTP server via the
underlying device so that you can always get to the PPTP server while
connected.  Then, it should be changing the default route to route
everything through the VPN _unless_ you've added your own specific
routes via the connection editor or the server has sent you specific
routes.

It seems it's not doing that here, correct?

Dan