Re: gconf Was:PPTP VPN plugin resurrected from the dead

Dan Williams wrote:
> [1] gconftool-2 --dump /system/networking/connections/3 > vpn.xml
> [2] gconftool-2 --load dump.xml /system/networking/connections/999

Why is this put in /system? I would like to make default setups for all
users (many thousands!) and would like to put xml-files in
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/...
The only problem is that /system cannot be overridden like this it
seems, only the user ($HOME/.gconf) can override /system. For other
aplications the files are located in /apps or /desktop and overriding
them putting xml files in /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults or
/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory works fine.

Note that I just started to learn gconf, so I might be doing stuff The
Wrong Way, but I found this howto useful:
http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gnome_Desktop_Admin_Guide

I use Fedora 9.

regards
Bjørge