Re: Annoying NetworkManager output on system tty

On Sunday 30 November 2008 19:58:01 stiller goldmail de wrote:
> Hello All!
> Im using NetworkManager on a gentoo-linux box, and frequently use the
systems
> console. Everytime a bit switched somewhere in NetworkManager, the program
> reports it immediatly to the systems console regardles on which
> terminal I am. I've looked into the code and find g_message used for this
> debugging output. <br><br>Is there a way to drop down the debug-level used
> by NM to errors only? Maybe in a config file? Or route the messages into

In Gentoo NM by default reports to system log (if you have system logger -
metalog, syslog-ng - running of course).

What version of NM are you using? Currently only 0.6.6 is in the main tree.
Testing ebuilds of 0.7 can be found on rbu's overlay (layman -a rbu)

Regards,
Rob