Re: NetworkManager 0.7 Released

Dan Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-11-29 at 22:59 +0100, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 01:02:37PM -0500, Dan Williams wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I tagged, branched, and uploaded tarballs for the NetworkManager 0.7
>>> release on Wednesday night.  Due to the US Thanksgiving holiday, there
>>> wasn't time to mail out announcements until now.  Thanks to everyone
>>> (especially Tambet!) who helped push the 0.7 release out the door; it's
>>> been a long 2 years.
>> \o/ :)
>>
>>> Get it while it's hot:
>>>
>>> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/NetworkManager/0.7/
>>> ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/sources/network-manager-applet/0.7/
>>>
>>> Over the next few weeks, we'll get a schedule and feature list together
>>> for the next release.  There's some great stuff queued up, and while we
>>> can't get to all of it for whatever comes right after 0.7, we'll
>>> certainly work hard to make the next major release cure both cancer
>>> _and_ your connectivity problems.
>> During the NM 0.7 cycle the ABI and/or API of both libnm-util and libnm-glib
>> broke.  Unfortunately the soname wasn't bumped :(. Attached patch bumps the
>
> Well... libnm-util did, but libnm-util for 0.6 was only meant to be used
> between the applet and NM itself.  libnm_glib ABI/API should be the same
> between 0.6 and 0.7, because the 0.7 libnm_glib actually includes all of
> the 0.6 libnm_glib.

Just some more data points to libnm-util:
Not only nm-applet depends on it, but also all the vpn plugins
(pptp,vpnc,openvpn). Then there is knetworkmanager 0.2.x which has a dependency
on libnm-util, and gnome-main-menu [1], which links against libnm-util.

Cheers,
Michael

[1] http://svn.gnome.org/viewvc/gnome-main-menu/
universe are pointed away from Earth?