notice on fqdn, dhclient.conf and networkmanager question.

Hello again,

if anybody read my question i want to add that i now after spending a
bit of debugging understand that NetworkManager invokes dhclient to get
its ip from the dhcpserver.

Here´s the fun part if i start NetworkManager
with /usr/sbin/NetworkManager --nodaemon the output looks like this

DHCPDISCOVER on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67 interval 3
DHCPOFFER from XXXXXXXX
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from XXXXXXXX
NetworkManager: <info>  DHCP: device eth0 state changed preinit -> bound
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure
Get) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure
Get) started...
NetworkManager: <info>    address XXXXXXXX
NetworkManager: <info>    prefix 16 (255.255.0.0)
NetworkManager: <info>    gateway XXXXXXXX
NetworkManager: <info>    nameserver 'XXXXXXXX'
NetworkManager: <info>    nameserver 'XXXXXXXX'
NetworkManager: <info>    domain name 'bar.com'
NetworkManager: <info>    domain search 'foo.bar.com.'
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure
Commit) scheduled...
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 4 of 5 (IP Configure
Get) complete.
NetworkManager: <info>  Activation (eth0) Stage 5 of 5 (IP Configure
Commit) started...
bound to XXXXXXXX -- renewal in 128268 seconds.
Unable to add forward map from mycomputer.foo.bar.com. to XXXXXXXX:
connection refused

However, if u run /sbin/dhclient eth0 -v -d i get this,
DHCPREQUEST on eth0 to 255.255.255.255 port 67
DHCPACK from XXXXXXXX
bound to XXXXXXXX -- renewal in 106034 seconds.
Added new forward map from mycomputer.foo.bar.com. to XXXXXXXX

Which is a proof of that it works with dhclient invoked from the
commandline, but not from NetworkManager.
I found a file under /var/run/ called nm-dhclient-eth0.conf that looks
like my /etc/dhclient.conf except NetworkManager added one line, send
host-name "mycomputer.foo.bar.com";. However I'm sure of that is not
causing the problem, because if i try with adding that line in
my /etc/dhcilent-eth0.conf and then run dhlient from the commandline, i
still get the result "Added new forward map from mycomputer.foo.bar.com.
to XXXXXXXX. "

I'm running Fedora 9 if that's any help.

Any kind of suggestions or advice are appreciated.

Best Regards
Patrik Martinsson, Sweden.