Re: VPN "Only for this address range" equivalent

On Tue, 2008-11-04 at 14:59 -0800, the_leech wrote:

> Dan Williams wrote:
> >

> > You can add custom routes in the IPv4 tab of the connection editor for
> > the VPN connection.  You can also check "ignore automatically provided
> > routes" if you don't care what the server sends you.
> >

> Dan,
> Would you please elaborate on how to do that?
> I just need to set up my network so that most of the traffic will go through
> a direct Internet connection while all the traffic for a small number of IP
> addresses (starting with 172.17.x.x in my case) will go through VPN.
> "Only for this address range" worked like a charm in the previous version of
> NM and now I am stuck trying to achieve the same thing with NM0.7.
> The UI of the Routes page is really confusing - what am I supposed to put as
> Prefix and Metric?

This is fair criticism; we do need better explanations and help text.
You enter the same information there that you entered in the "Only for
these addresses box".  The Address range and prefix are required (just
like they were before) but you can leave the Gateway and Metric boxes
blank if you like.