PPTP VPN plugin

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the PPTP VPN plugin and I'm not sure whether it is a bug or a strangely configured VPN server...

I connect to my VPN via a wireless connection and the problem is I cannot connect to anything (web, email, etc) and after a few mins the connection dies. I've worked out that I can solve this by adding a route (i.e., "route add xx.xx.xx.xx gw xx.xx.xx.xx wlan0") to my VPN server that goes via the original wireless connection (and associated gateway) but since I don't know the gateway beforehand (it depends on the wireless hotspot) I can't add it as a route that gets added when the VPN starts...

Is this a bug or a feature? :-)

Cheers
David
David Barton