Fedora 9 and Thinkpad R40

Hi,

I'm having a problem getting my new installation of Fedora 9's wireless component to work with my Thinkpad R40.  I've been on the Fedora forums and mailing list with no solution.  NetworkManager detects other wireless networks (great), it even determined my 124-bit HEX from my PassPhrase, but it WON'T connect to the network.  I tried other open wireless networks, such as Starbucks, etc and it still didn't connect.  What could I be missing?  Thanks.

Background: I'm a linux noob so I understand some things, but not all.  I am a Windows power-user, but that doesn't really mean much when dealing with a REAL operating system.

--
Marc F.

"..Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come.." -Rev1:4